Integrity Toys has announced the second official W Club doll of 2014: Joyous Anniversary Poppy Parker. She is subtitled, Poppy Parker™ Fifth Anniversary Souvenir Doll, and retails for $120. She is available for preorder for W Club members only (one per member), and per club policy, pre-sales are not allowed. Her edition size is therefore not yet known.
She's estimated to ship in the fall of this year.
Her lovely gold brocade gown with pink petticoat is truly a nod to the 1960s fashion Poppy has come to represent. Her fashion is apparently inspired by a vintage Japanese Francie fashion, DS-2240, Ball Gown, from 1967, which was sold only on the Japanese market. (Thanks to Micheal Jarvis, for passing this info along, and saving me a lot of searching!)
Interestingly, I just did a post on dressing Poppy in vintage Francie fashions, and I think this doll is gorgeous! I'm thrilled to see this variation on a lovely fashion, made especially for Poppy.
|Vintage Francie fashion, Japanese exclusive, DS-2240, Ball Gown 1967 from Dollreference.com|
Differences between Francie's fashion and Poppy's are:
- Francie's has an orange taffeta under layer, versus Poppy's pink tulle petticoat.
- The bodice of Francie's dress has a halter top snap closure. Poppy's is a sophisticated, off-the-shoulder design, which gives hers a more sophisticated feel.
- Francie's fashion includes a string of pearls, and Poppy doesn't wear neck jewelry.
- Francie's fashion doesn't include earrings; Poppy wears significant rhinestone earrings, plus a matching bracelet.
- Francie's gloves are short white tricot versus Poppy's opera-length gloves.
- Francie's shoes and clutch are white versus Poppy's choice of pink.
This lovely doll uses the FR White skin town with applied lashes and beautiful grey eyes. She has a brunette braided updo, which I happen to like very much. (IT really can pull off these kind of braided updos without a hitch, and I am sure it will look neat and clean.) While not officially stated, I believe her facial screening is reminiscent of the ever-popular Bergdorf Poppy, and it's gorgeous and sophisticated.
Accessories are cute--matching pink kitten heels with bows, a pink clutch, rhinestone drop earrings and matching bracelet, and long white gloves. I'm sure she's going to be a hit with collectors!
Photos are property of Integrity Toys, aside from the vintage Francie fashion photo, which is borrowed from DollReference.