How does one enjoy their collection when there is no money to spend on dolls? Since I've "been there and done that" many times I thought I'd share a few suggestions:
- Gather your digital camera and a few of your dolls and take them on a photo shoot at a park, beach, or local landmark. You can use the photos as screen savers, print and frame them, or share with others on Flickr or Facebook.
- Use this time to do internet research on an aspect of doll collecting you'd like to learn about.
- Sew, knit, or crochet an outfit for one of your dolls or make a prop from items you have around the house.
- Trade a doll you no longer want with a friend. You both get a "new" doll without spending any money.
- Re-organize your collection. You may find dolls you'd like to sell, redress, debox, restore, or restyle.
- Some libraries allow you to display small portions of your collection for limited periods. (Example: a few Christmas dolls in December). This is a fun way to inspire new collectors and have others enjoy some of your dolls.
- Join a doll club in your area. Memberships are usually free and are a great way to get in some dolly time with friends.
I hope that these suggestions will be be helpful to you. Please share any additional tips that you have.